Friday, April 27, 2007

Old Wives Tales

As promised, here are what the old wives tales say about my symptoms:

1. Citrus fruit and chocolate cravings suggest... Girl!

2. Carrying out front suggests... Boy!

3. Heartbeats consistently over 140 suggest... Girl!

4. Minimal weight gain/ shape change in the face suggests... Boy!

5. Back and forth pendant swings over my hand and circular swings over my stomach suggest... Boy!

6. Carrying low suggests... Boy!

7. Young looking grandma-to-be suggests... Girl!

8. Hair- free husband suggests... Boy!

9. No morning sickness suggests... Boy!

10. Daddy-to-be gaining weight suggests... Girl!

The old wives tales lean towards Boy, 6 votes to 4.
Votes in the blog comments are unanimous... 5 Boy!
The baby pool that they are running here at work is leaning the other way, though! 8 girl to 6 boy so far.

Whichever one we get will be great... we can't wait!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, why not ... I'll put a vote in for girl. Not that I have a preference, just a hunch I'm currently having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW you decide to guess? Have I not been asking you about this for months?!?!?! What brings on this hunch? Daddy's instinct?

    By the way, this feels very strange. Preference or not, it is Daddy pondering his future child. I'm trying not to cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord will bring you a precious little bundle that is just right for you. Whether it's a boy or a girl, He knows what's best.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, c'mon Mom. I'm sure you have a guess regarding the gender too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I have a guess. It will probably be a boy.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete