Monday, April 16, 2007

Boy or Girl?

Just because we have chosen to wait until delivery to find out if this is a boy or girl doesn't mean we aren't having fun speculating! Every time I think I have it figured out, someone will tell me about another "Old Wives Tale" that suggests the opposite of what I was thinking. Here are my results on a few of the things I have heard... please leave a comment on your guess for the gender! I'll post what the tales suggest in a few days, so make your best guess!

1. I crave fruit more than anything... especially oranges and orange juice! Chocolate has also been high on my radar!

2. I have carried the baby straight out in front for most of the pregnancy... only within the last little while have I gotten any wider!

3. The heartbeat has never been under 144 bpm at any of the appointments... 158, 158, 148, 148, 152, 144...

4. My face has not really changed shape at all, but I look like I am in the middle of puberty again (how fair is it that I have to have acne with everything else?)

5. If I hang a pendant over my hand, it swings back and forth. If I hang it over my stomach, it swings in circles.

6. I am carrying very low.

7. My Mom's hair is NOT gray!

8. My husband is not hairy!

9. I did not have any morning sickness.

10. Mike has put on some weight during the pregnancy.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I think you're having a boy because someone has to have a boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm leaning that way, too! I know 11 other girls who are or have been pregnant the same time as me, and other than the 1 who is too early to find out, only 4 turned out to be boys (2 were twins)! At least he'll have lots of girls to choose from if it is a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Harke (Michael's Dad) has pointed out to me over and over and over that the Harke family almost always has a boy. I tried 3 times and I had 3 boys. I would have tried again to have a girl, but time ran out on me. Whichever sex you have, the child will be wonderful. I just hope someday that I'll have a granddaughter.

    Oh, and how you carry the baby doesn't necessarily determine the sex. I carried Michael all in front and Jeffrey in the front and and the sides. I was convinced he was going to be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking boy all along so I have to go with boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I can't wait to find out what the different wives tales mean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I had 2 boys and ...
    1) I seriously craved fruit and chocolate also
    2) I DID get wider
    3) I don't think the heart beats were below yours ever
    4) I didn't break out but my face definately gained weight
    5) I never tried the pendant trick
    6) I don't think I carried low
    7) my mom's hair is not gray either
    8) My husband IS hairy
    9) I was pretty queasy but didn't have morning sickness either
    10) Jared's a big guy but I don't think he gained weight while I was pregnant

    ReplyDelete