Monday, July 2, 2007

Alyssa’s big first month bash, part 1

Over the past few days, two major events occurred relating to Alyssa. Jennie is going to cover one of the events in her next post, so I'll concentrate on the other one: Grandmother Harke (or "Grammy", as she wants to be called) flew in from Texas to meet Alyssa for the first time.

Grammy holding Alyssa for the first time


From Wednesday the 27th to this past Sunday, Grammy spent nearly every moment with her first granddaughter. Thankfully, this included changing some nasty diapers. Grammy even babysat Alyssa on Friday night with my brothers, so that Jennie and I could go out for a dinner and movie (Ocean's Thirteen, which incidentally wasn't too shabby).

Oh yeah, and Grammy came bearing gifts. Lots of gifts. You see, my mother has always wished for a girl in the family, so that she could buy lots of girly stuff. Now that Alyssa is here, she finally has her chance to go crazy (sorry, dad). I'll let Jennie discuss the specific items, since they relate to the other event I mentioned in the beginning of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment