Monday, July 2, 2007

Alyssa’s big first month bash, part 2

While Mike's Mom was in town, Alyssa and I were in for a surprise! My Mom (aka Tula) threw us a baby shower at her house! We were all invited to her house on Saturday morning for "coffee and cake," supposedly so that Pam could see the new house. When we arrived, there were a bunch of cars parked out front!

Lots of my friends were there and we received lots of beautiful baby gifts... Alyssa's closet is full to overflowing, and she has some of the cutest accessories for her very girly room. She received her first piggy bank, a silver dollar for the year of her birth, an adorable table and chair set (just her size!), and some of the sweetest baby clothes I have ever seen.

Mama (her great grandmother on my side) painted more animals to go with the giraffe (you can find the picture of this in the Handmade Baby Gifts post). I'll post pictures of these soon... my Dad is working on a way to hang them, and we have designed Alyssa's bathroom to match. It is so cute!

Tula and Seanachai gave her a very sweet board book for her Daddy to read to her, and he is very excited for a new volume in her library (Goodnight Moon is already getting a little boring!) One of the most special gifts she received was a baby- sized gardening set from Seanachai. I think he is already planning what he will plant with his little helper!

I don't have pictures from the shower yet, but I will hopefully post some later. In lieu of those photos, I will share one of my most favorite photos so far... we played with Alyssa on her gym on Friday and had a great time with her!

summer06.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say to all who attended that I was very glad to meet you all -- especially being able to put names with faces. My trip was wonderful and I'm already missing holding sweet little Alyssa. Jennie and Michael (and Alyssa) are so blessed to have such wonderful friends as you.

    Grammy Harke

    ReplyDelete