Monday, July 16, 2007

Smiles for Mommy

Everyone tells me that kids grow up way too fast. That the baby stage flies by, seemingly in an instant. I understand this and, trust me, I am in no rush for her to grow up. I like to hold her and style her hair the way I like and have her wear what I pick out without an argument. There are, however, many milestones that I am really looking forward to.

For starters, I have been anxiously awaiting Alyssa's first smile. We have seen the grins that doctors say are "gas-related" since the day she was born. But I am talking about the ear-to-ear, happy-go-lucky, I like what just happened kind of smile. We have been lucky enough to see them more and more frequently since the Thursday before last. Until this weekend, though, I had been unsuccessful at catching her with a camera.

Please allow me a Mommy bragging moment here, because I think this is just adorable!

Alyssa’s big smile

3 comments:

  1. DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO PINCH THOSE CHEEKS. HOW ADORABLE IS THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most beautiful baby!! I am so happy for you both!!

    ReplyDelete