Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Big Week

I had planned to write about Alyssa's first overnight just after it happened, but that was a week ago. My parents graciously offered to babysit overnight last Saturday night so that Mike and I could have a date and a full night of sleep (even though my Mom had injured her back when they got back from vacation the week before). We had a great time... we had dinner in Wake Forest and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (GREAT movie. Our favorite of the series so far).

Time got away from me as we started back to work, and Mom ended up with a ruptured disc in her back that required emergency surgery on Wednesday! She went home from the hospital on Thursday and is working on the recovery process as we speak (or, as I write). Alyssa and I spent the day with her on Friday and watched some movies. We got to entertain Mom a bit with one of Alyssa's new tricks... imitation! When she is fully awake, she enjoys copying our smiles and sticking out her tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment