Sunday, May 27, 2007

News from the homefront

Finally, a chance to jump on here and report some news (I'm going to blame exhaustion for the delay).

Alyssa, Jennie, and I were discharged from the hospital yesterday around noon. We were dreading the car ride, but it turns out even babies don't mind cruising down the highway (in other words, she slept the whole way). She was a little bit more cranky once we got home, but overall Alyssa seems to be a very easy-to-please baby ... so far.

Since I could probably turn this post into a novel, I think I'll spread this stuff out by posting in themes for the next couple of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Hope Mom and Dad are doing well. It looks like Alyssa is definitely being loved. Is Jennie starting to recuperate?

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WORD!!! She is so cute!!! LOOK AT ALL THE HAIR!!!! I can't wait to meet her...I can't get over how perfect she is....Those pics with grandpa and grandma.....Just excellent. Mike you really look like the proud papa!!! Congrats!!!!

    I am so happy for you Mike and Jennie. You deserve all this happiness and joy. Good news for me..when I have Evan you will have great advice for me and David!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations nephew! I'm so happy all went well with delivery and she sure is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom -- Jennie is already feeling much better. Even her ankles are looking less swollen.

    Crissy -- I'm sure I'll have advice for you two ... no promises about it being great advice. :D

    Aunt TJ -- Thanks! How long have you been following this blog?

    ReplyDelete