Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oh, BOY!

Well, we had our 18 week ultrasound yesterday! Everything looks good... They say they did not get enough measurements while we were there, so I get to have another one at the next appointment in a month! The baby is measuring at about 9 ounces and 6 inches from head to backside. It is so hard to imagine that it can be that small and still look like a complete little person! What a miracle!

I imagine the most interesting part for everyone is this...

ultrasound

Can you see the little hand by the head? And...

IT'S A BOY!!!!! Alyssa will have a little brother! We are so excited and a little bewildered at having the whole new experience to look forward to. It should be fun seeing how they are similar and different! He was so busy during the ultrasound. I wonder if he will be as busy as Alyssa after he is born!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!!!

    I'm so excited for your family. Another Harke to join the group. I know Alyssa is going to be the best BIG SISTER ever. If there is ever anything I can do for you and Michael please let me know. May God's blessing fall upon you during this pregnacy too. I am wishing your family the best.

    Luv Ya,
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just stumbled across your site, and it reminds me so much of when my sister was pregnant and I found out I was going to have a nephew! Good luck with the rest of your term, and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We appreciate the well wishes!

    DD, don't offer too many times or we might take you up on it!

    ReplyDelete