Sunday, July 26, 2009

3+1=4

Yes, yes, I know. Slacker. I am sorry, it can't be helped! I have been beyond tired and totally lacking in motivation the last few months because... we are expecting! I have been struggling with first trimester exhaustion and nausea that I did not have the first time around and it has really taken a toll. Add to that the fact that Alyssa has been struggling with the whole sleep routine (as in, difficult to put to bed at night, down for naps, and not sleeping through the night for over a month), I am completely worn out! Thank goodness for a husband who is super at doing housework and taking over kid duties! I am so lucky and thankful to have him! I don't know what I would do if circumstances were different.

I am almost 13 weeks... due date is February 3rd, 2010. We have already been to the first couple of appointments and everything looks good so far. I feel like I might finally be coming out of the perpetual nausea, so yay! Let's hope that things get better from here! I really enjoyed being pregnant with Alyssa and am hoping for the same this time around! Wish us luck!

First Ultrasound

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I was wondering when you were going to make the big annoucement! I can totally sympathize with the first trimester woes and hope it gets better soon--it should since you're basically out of your first trimester.

    Now I'm getting into the third trimester woes where my energy is zapped just to walk up a flight of stairs and I'm basically ready for Emma to get here. Everyone says I'm small still, but I feel pretty big!!

    Anyway, official congratulations posted to your blog :) Love you!!

    P.S. So sorry to hear Alyssa is not sleeping well these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristina! Can't wait for the arrival of your next little one... another little blond angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOO happy for you and Mike. I don't get to see you or talk to you much but I am glad I can still hear about your wonderful life on this site and can't wait to hear about and see the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Barbara! We need to get back to our "monthly dinners" that only happened the one time! I think everyone could use a little frivolous fun these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything will be all right. I do have difficulties sleeping through the night during my 1st trimester, but now it's okay. Now I'm in weeks 22 and the baby is very active kicking my womb.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those sonar pictures are so cool. The first entry in the family album for that child!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete