Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alyssa’s first wheels … sort of

Alyssa’s first bike rideJennie and I have been itching to get out of the house more often now that summer has officially retired.  My immediate suggestion was to get some bicycles and a child seat so that all three of us could benefit from the beautiful fall weather.

After retrieving Jennie's old bike and making use of my generous birthday gifts (my birthday was on the 9th), the three of us recently participated in our first family bicycle trip.

As you can see from the photo, Alyssa was pumped up and couldn't wait to get her helmet on.  Actually, her reaction to the helmet wouldn't qualify as a highlight of the ride, but overall she seemed to enjoy the trip immensely.

And how did her parents fare?  I felt a bit out of shape, but the new bike performed up to my expectations.  In particular, it seems that gear shifters have come a long way since the old mountain bike I owned back in middle school.  Smooth and much easier to determine the shift points.

Jennie, on the other hand ... well, I'll just let her make a post about it.  :D

P.S. I just noticed that I haven't made a real post since the beginning of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment